Last year, NVFS served nearly 33,000 individuals and families in our region.
Giving from Your Retirement Plan
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce Uncle Sam's cut, and support NVFS far into the future.
How It Works
- Name Northern Virginia Family Service as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to NVFS by contacting your plan administrator
- Please advise NVFS so we may thank you.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.
Who to Contact
- Ann McNerney
Chief Development Officer