Last year, NVFS served nearly 33,000 individuals and families in our region.
Giving from Your Retirement Plan
How It Works
- Name Northern Virginia Family Service as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan through your plan administrator.
- Pass the balance in your plan to NVFS after your death.
Important Related Topics
- Avoid the potential double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designated these savings to your heirs.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
Who to Contact
- Ann McNerney
Chief Development Officer