Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property, or a commercial building to
North Carolina State University/College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- The College may use the property for its own purposes or will sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at CALS.