Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Lake Health Foundation.
- The Foundation sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.
Planned Giving Welcome The Lighthouse Society Meet Our Donors Professional Council Financial Reporting A Message from Our Chair
Ways of Giving Goals & Benefits Gifts Anyone Can Make
Gifts From Will or Trust Retirement Plan Charitable IRA Rollover Stock and Appreciated Assets Life InsuranceGifts That Pay You Income Gifts That Protect Your Assets