Office of Institutional Advancement
10 W. 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616
800.448.2586 Toll Free
Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property, or a commercial building to
Illinois Institute of Technology.
- IIT may use the property for its own purposes or will sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at IIT.
© Illinois Institute of Technology 10 W. 35th Street, Suite 1700 Chicago, IL 60616
Office of Institutional Advancement: 800.448.2586 Toll Free • 312.567.5000 General • 312.567.5001 Fax Emergency Information