Office of Institutional Advancement
10 W. 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616
800.448.2586 Toll Free
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. Our required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Illinois Institute of Technology to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Your trust can meet personal or family needs that are tied to a specific time frame, such as tuition payments.
© Illinois Institute of Technology 10 W. 35th Street, Suite 1700 Chicago, IL 60616
Office of Institutional Advancement: 800.448.2586 Toll Free • 312.567.5000 General • 312.567.5001 Fax Emergency Information