Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Children's Health Fund.
- CHF sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.
If you have any questions or would like to talk more about planned giving, please contact CHF's Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 452-3340.