Support Catholic Extension without affecting the way you live
Stock Gifting to Charity
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Catholic Church Extension Society.
- Catholic Extension sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.