Ways of Giving Plan-a-Gift Gifts Anyone Can Make Gifts That Pay You Income Gifts That Protect Your Assets
123 Ottawa Avenue N
Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Breck School.
- Breck School sells your securities and uses the proceeds for our programs.
- Use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The "cost" of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
- More detail on gifts of stock and appreciated assets.
- You can use our Stock Transfer Instructions.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of stock.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.