Ways of Giving Plan-a-Gift Gifts Anyone Can Make
Gifts From Will or Trust Retirement Plan Charitable IRA Rollover Stock and Appreciated Assets Life Insurance Real EstateGifts That Pay You Income Gifts That Protect Your Assets
123 Ottawa Avenue N
Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Breck School.
- Breck School sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You can use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.