Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to Bethel University. Our minimum gift requirement is $2,500.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, Bethel begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 55 to begin receiving payments and must be at least 40 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to Bethel when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra income, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- More details on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.